siorai

an online journal documenting my journey from concept development to finished garment.

Sunday, April 18, 2010


I went fabric shopping yesterday, it was great i spent literally hours in fabric stores in the city. I was looking for fabrics for my capsule collection. I thought it might be interesting to start looking at fabrics early on in the design stage rather than freaking out about it right at the end. My idea when looking for fabrics for the capsule collection was for them to appear oppulent! There are lots of rich colours, cherries and burgandys and then I included pretty ditsy floral prints which for me evoke a late 1800's girl in the country feel. The image shows a fabric which i couldn't get a sample of as the print was in panels. It was sooo beautiful and the quality was amazing! I looked for creams and off whites aswell. One of my favourites in fact is a cream silk cotton voile! I'm going to try to make fabric manipulation a strong element in my collection.
I also collected a few trims and buttons and I found myself drawn to things in gold and creams! This button shown was one of my favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers