an online journal documenting my journey from concept development to finished garment.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Some photos of my final fabric and pattern pieces.
I ended up making full front and back pattern pieces instead of having them on the fold because as you can imagine the fabric is so thick that a fold will lead to excess fabric.
I am trying to figure out the best way to cut my pattern pieces without wasting fabric and i'm going to have to cut out the shoulder 'straps' separately as they wont fit, but i guess this is ok as it minimises fabric wastage.
I noticed today, when looking at my initial fabric sample how much more ruched i have made my fabric..
I think because the shape of the swimsuit is so simple it is really important that the fabric manipulation is dramatic!
Will post final designs and illustrations over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment