siorai

an online journal documenting my journey from concept development to finished garment.

Monday, May 17, 2010

TEXTURE

This first image shows the bodice part of my sample swimsuit - which had the shirring that i most liked! (other parts lacked the handmade look that this has)
With such a simple design the design feature really is the texture and its important for it to look as luxurious and handmade as possible.
This photo shows how the shirring looks in the wool (for the final swimsuit) I love it! but it uses alot of fabric and means I need to get more! below are some photos off the process - I shirred along lines drawn in chalk 4 cm apart!
The most interesting texture is created when you fold the fabrc in different diretions as your sewing it, rather than just letting it gather.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers